Unix Storage Engineer W2 ONLY 6982206
Redwood City, CA
W2 ONLY 3 Month Contract
Troubleshooting, upgrading, and patching UNIX/Linux systems experience RedHat and Solaris environments
• On-Call responsibilities, create documentation, resolve support tickets and meet Business SLAs.
• Performing DR drills
• Supporting production environment with availability and change management process
• Administer UNIX and Linux development and production servers.
• Perform standard system administration tasks as necessary to keep a system up and running. This includes the tuning of the operating system to achieve maximum functionality in the networking environment in which the system is installed.
• Work closely with the system/software vendors to install and support the latest software and hardware patches
• Perform in a team orientated atmosphere, working with end users, developers, and other system administrators to determine the best possible method of supporting the systems.
• Work closely with members of the various IT teams to provide input for problem solving and provide input to facilitate future growth of the business.
• Help maintain and support a 24x7 Production Lights Out Data Center.
• Help maintain and troubleshoot our UNIX and Linux environment.
• Provide problem resolution of systems and networks for local and remote users.
• Maintain backup and disaster recovery strategies for production servers.
• Regulatory awareness/compliance (SOX) as it relates to System Administration and Operations
• Ability to write, debug, and maintain automation scripts / jobs
• Skills required to performance tune and manage growth as it relates to the O/S, disk usage, and network traffic
• Experience analyzing and evaluating system security threats and safeguards.
US based Linux/Unix support for production and development data centers.
• 7+ years of experience in Information Technology operations
• 7+ years of relevant professional experience in Unix and Linux Systems, server hardware, virtualization, Novell, RedHat and Solaris
• 4+ years of demonstrated customer management experience
• 4+ years working in a corporate datacenter environment
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
• Excellent troubleshooting techniques
• Good communication skills over the phone, e-mail and documentation
• Strong team player capable of providing support across the IT organization to train and assist others
• Demonstrable ability to work with a diverse team across global time zones (i.e., US, India, Europe) to effectively complete tasks and objectives
1) Installation and configuration RHEL servers for DELL, Cisco hardware 2) Troubleshooting, upgrading, RHEL servers 3) Build and configure Satellite 6.1 server 4) Storage and Data Center migration activity. 5) Mounting exported NFS/CIFS files systems from remote machines and troubleshooting issues related to NFS mounts. 6) Deploy / Manage RedHat Linux Virtual Servers 7) Co-ordinate with vendors (Red Hat) for OS related issues. 8) Co-ordinate with vendors (DELL, IBM) for H/W troubleshoots and replacement. 9) Worked with Security team to update the Critical Vulnerabilities patches for Linux servers. 10) Perform in a team orientated atmosphere working with end users, developers, and other system administrators to determine the best possible method of supporting the systems. 11) Working closely with members of the various IT teams to provide input for problem solving. 12) Working on Incident and Change management support to resolve, Implement the tasks / changes.