Senior Contract Associate W2 ONLY 7508303
South San Francisco, CA
W2 ONLY 6 Month Contract
The general purpose of the Sr. Contract Associate-Contract Management, role is to assess, analyze, draft, review, negotiate and finalize vendor contracts for Development Sciences so that such departments and their respective representatives may procure services efficiently and effectively and in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of our client' s activities. Work is performed under limited directions and guidance, with general instructions on new assignments.
The responsibilities for Sr. Contract Associate (Contract Management) include:
- Conduct compliant, thorough and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of assigned contractual documents.
- Negotiate the best contract terms possible for our client, taking into consideration risk exposure and risk tolerance by the requesting department.
- Provide thorough information to contract requestors regarding final negotiated terms deviating from our client' s standard contract templates terms.
- Proactively lead process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline processes, systems, tools and other resources.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Act as a resource within the group; train other Contract Associates on group/departmental processes and operational activities, and customer specific processes.
- Attend and occasionally present at department and group meetings, staying current on department and group projects, goals and issues.
- Manage special projects as necessary, independently determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Maintain records of executed contracts and respond to audit requests.
- Minimum 5-8 years contract management and/or comparable role.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage ever-changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of customer focus and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
BS/BA in Business, Legal or related discipline, or equivalent education plus experience. Paralegal Certification a plus.