Project Coordinator I W2 ONLY 7532219
South San Francisco, CA
W2 ONLY 12 Month Contract
The Project Coordinator organizes, facilitates and executes project management activities in cooperation with and under the direction of the Scientific Manager or Project Manager, aiming at the flawless execution of the project. In addition to the project management activities, there are departmental tasks involving contract tracking, purchase order creation, and statement of work coordination.
· Project Organization & Administration – As needed, support the project manager in the setup of meetings, taking meeting notes and actions. Ensure the project documentation is managed in a central location and up to date.
· Collaboration Management – Facilitate the process of working with collaborators including set up of meetings, documenting meeting notes, streamlining collaborator communications. Support the project manager in the process of vetting and finalizing collaborator contracts and managing collaborator relations.
· Communication Management – Support the project manager in the collation of and communication of project status.
· Schedule Management – Assist the project manager as needed in the creation of detailed project schedules and to track progress.
· Financial Management – Track the actual spend on the project. Manage the process of receiving invoices, validating the vendor submissions. Update the project financial tracker with actuals data. Generate periodic financial reports, for e.g. of budget vs. actuals.
· Resource Management – Assist the project manager as needed in the tracking of resources allocated to the project. Maintain the resource list including contact information, roll-on/roll-off dates, % allocated to the project.
· Risk Management – Assist the project manager in the population of the RAID register, and the process of keeping it up to date in collaboration with the project team.
· Onboarding of departmental contractors
· Purchase order creation
· Vendor statement of work coordination
Critical Success Factors
· Have a trusted relationship with manager and project manager
· Be consistently professional in verbal and written interactions with project team members
· Demonstrate ownership and follow through in tasks assigned. Provide timely updates to manager and project manager on progress & roadblocks
· Actively consult manager on prioritization of project tasks assigned if there are conflicts
· Proactively keep manager appraised of issues and other new developments on the project
· Show initiative in working through problems and provide recommendations to manager
· Demonstrate keen discrimination – knowing when the project coordinator can independently make a decision & update manager, versus, when the issue must be brought to manager for decision making.
· Demonstrate proficiency in project financial management