Manager II, Terminal Infrastructure - Hawaii W2 ONLY
**Local Hawaii Candidates ONLY, No Relocation Available**
Title: Manager II, Terminal Infrastructure
The Manager II, Terminal Infrastructure is an intermediate level management position within IT Services. He or she will be a member of the IT Operations team. The incumbent manages and executes IT site services and support strategies that focus on our client’ s internal customers; assists with planning, directing, organizing and control of services associated with our client’ s network in Hawaii. This position also involves managing corporate-wide asset management and helpdesk systems and services. This position plays an integral role in executing and maintaining corporate wide site hardware and software standards as well as site global security policies and procedures. He or she is expected to provide management supporting voice and data network services in Hawaii.
He/She interacts with all levels of users in the company, including senior executives. He or she will serve as the escalation point for the installation, discontinuation, relocation, and performance of preventive maintenance and equipment repair on computer equipment; enforces site level service level agreements (SLA) to properly monitor support and services; follows best practices for evaluating IT help desk applications and processes; publishes and presents performance matrix to IT senior management; participates in the development of site plans to ensure that equipment performance meets department standards and schedules; develops reference materials and procedures that will become guidelines for others; assists in providing overall direction on architecture for site level hardware and software components; frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups. The incumbent is expected to play a leadership role in the identification, evaluation, selection, and design of enterprise level technical solutions supporting our client’ s applications initiatives and/or the technical infrastructure, and will direct Request for Proposal processes. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Cost of System Support Up to $1, 000, 000
Scope of systems; impact on Company Several IT site systems and sophisticated phone equipment. Major impact on the quality and timeliness of services performed for customers; site level impact.
Internal Visibility/Level of Influence Highly visible; interacts with IT services teams and the business unit’ s senior management, implementing local and enterprise wide hardware, software and networks based on business needs and priorities.
Number of Subordinates Between 2 to many.
- Responsible for implementing objectives and strategies to effectively support the end user’ s community.
- Continually evaluate technologies to improve end users computing standards.
- Execute and manage site level projects; set timelines, budgets and adhere to project management’ s best practices.
- Drive and coordinate support and services in accordance with across our client’ s site support teams with consistency.
- Directly or indirectly assist other groups in IT services to help them complete their specific tasks.
- Maintain high levels of internal customer satisfaction with utmost respect and dedication.
- Meet or exceed mutually established key objectives.
- Establish key objectives, assign the activities of team members and ensure production schedules are met and performance is functional and practical in the process.
- Develop project plans and schedules, contingency plans and maintain procedural and system documentations.
- Develop, maintain and implement operating procedures for the department.
- Maintain high level of standards in interpersonal skills such as verbal and written communications.
- Maintain high level of technical skills and strive to expand on technical knowledge through self-education or company provided education.
- Follow and enforce IT corporate standards and policies.
- Maintain an active role with the business unit’ s management team and continuously analyze needs and seek improvement opportunities.
- Provides supervision to subordinates according to established policies and management guidance. Maintains a well-trained, effective, and cohesive staff to ensure that department objectives are met.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of our client’ s business and continually expands on this knowledge.
- Identifies and implements, with management approval, opportunities for cost savings and improvements in operating effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with other IT Services managers, business unit personnel, vendors, and solution providers while ensuring compliance with our client’ s vendor management guidelines.
- Develops efficient methods and processes to ensure a high level of system availability, and provides regular reports to management operating effectiveness and the scope of operations.
- Special Skills - The incumbent must be a self-motivated individual able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company. Ability to manage a team of support personnel who troubleshoot IT site issues. Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected. Ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time. Evaluate new information systems products and services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aide the end users. Must be willing to travel to our client’ s sites as needed and be able to work flexible hours when required to accomplish tasks during non-business hour.
- Customer Service – Responsible to maintain a high enterprise level customer satisfaction rating. Communicates regularly with all site directors and sr. level managers.
- Project Management – Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all project activities. Tracks project tasks and status. Documents, tracks, and escalates issues. Successfully manages projects schedules and budgets.
- Task Management – Manages objectives and prioritizes work activities to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal – Must communicate well, verbally and in writing, with peers, management and the user community; focus on facilitating and resolving conflict; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control.
- Integrity – Must treat people with respect, even under pressure; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and uphold organizational values.
- Professionalism – Must approach others in a tactful manner and react well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Teamwork – Performs as an active participant of the team and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Works collaboratively with other members of the development team and other IT Services teams.
- Ethics – Must treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Maximizes productivity; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; takes the initiative to ask for additional tasks when assignments are complete.
- Dependability - Follows direction, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness and uses creativity when solving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least three years of management experience in IT or system support department.
- BS or Master degree in Management is preferred.
The individual must have at least 5 years of experience in IT services support or help desk environments and has performed variety of tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude with the following skills:
- Must have at least five years of experience working in hi-tech, fast paced environments with focus on service and support.
- One to three years of direct experience managing small to medium groups and projects.
- One to three years of experience managing budgets and cost centers.
- One to three years of experience with PBXs or communication devices is highly desirable.
- One to three years of experience installing and managing IT infrastructure equipment and services.
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures.
- One to three years of experience leading and directing the works of others.
Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
TECHNOLOGY – Be familiar with the following:
- MPLS management – vendor escalation.
- WAN Traffic acceleration tools such as Riverbed or Silverpeak.
- File transfer, messaging, and Email applications including Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Lync.
- Security tools including PaloAlto Networks, Cisco VPN, Laptop encryption tools.
- VoIP telephone systems and technologies including those from Avaya and LYNC
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Enterprise Site Support and Infrastructure engineers report to this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.