Desktop Support - Redwood City - W2 Only - 7878730
Redwood City, CA
3274 IT Desktop Support
W2 ONLY 6 Month Contract
Location: Redwood, CA
2+ years hands on Active Directory support, Windows (Outlook) and Windows 365 support. Desktop Support, Issue resolution, ability to speak and write clearly in English, A+ is preferred, Bachelors degree a plus. POSITION DESCRIPTION: Our client a large " Global Software Company" has a W2 Contract Role in their Austin location for a Level 2 Active Directory and Desktop Support resource. This is a Tier 2, customer-facing, position that requires the ability to effectively communicate and provide support to internal users (4000 ee' s). Candidate must be able to differentiate when technical explanations are needed or when things need to be explained to a lay person. Therefore you MUST HAVE EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
In this role, you will also provide support to Senior Level Executive Management and C-level management so you must have the ability to identify an issue, resolve it and provide a quick overview of issue/resolution. Hiring Manager needs to feel confident the candidate can appropriately interact with Senior Executives and C-level management.
Requirements for this role:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with hands on Active Directory and a minimum of 3 years of overall Desktop Experience in a corporate environment at a SW company with multiple sites across the US and Globally. If your experience is at a single site company with 200-500 users you WILL NOT be a fit for this role. Any global experience is a huge plus.
- Active Directory: Must have at least 2 years of experience performing tasks done inside Active Directory and be able to talk to this experience during the interview.
- Experience with User Account creation
- *Strong MS Office troubleshooting exp required including providing Outlook support for 4000 ee' s as well as Office 365 - Able to articulate how to add to a distribution list
- Strong Customer Service skills
- A+ certification preferred. Certifications are not required but a candidate working towards a cert is a plus.
- Linux exp required is limited
- Mac exp a plus. Mac users are increasing. Currently at 10%.
Our client has been around for a long however they operate like a start-up. Professional casual environment. Employees are, very bright, high energy, produce a high volume and are all working towards the greater goal.
Client' s interview process is as follows:
First interview will be a test that is completed on-site. Once the test is evaluated and if you pass the test, a second on-site interview will be scheduled for a face-to-face (panel style)
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please forward a copy of your resume attached as a WORD DOCUMENT. (No PDFs Please!) Also you must include a few sentences that describe the work your have done INSIDE ACTIVE DIRECTORY. We will be passing this along with your resume to the hiring manager. PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND ACTIVE DIRECTORY skill summary to Kristine at email@example.com.