Data Analyst III W2 ONLY 7268205
San Francisco, CA
W2 ONLY 6 Month Contract
Required Hard Skills:
At least 3 years’ applicable experience with:
- Basic-to-mid level SQL skills (preferably Oracle)
- Able to extract business insights from data and communicate such to nontechnical business partners
Nice-to-Have Hard Skills:
- Digital marketing experience
- Adobe Target
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with using data to identify business insights
- Adobe Site Catalyst
- Experience with documenting web analytics requirements and testing plans
- Experience creating systems development lifecycle deliverables (such as business requirements documents, user acceptance test plans and scripts)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Will be responsible for discerning client’ s explicit and implicit needs. Will be responsible for writing standard systems development lifecycle business deliverables.
- Problem solving skills. Examples: Must be able to understand a business problem from the client’ s perspective and propose potential solutions. The ability to visualize how existing technology solutions could be changed / leveraged to meet future needs would be a plus.
- Attention to detail, as well as the ability to see the “ big picture”
- Flexibility/ Adaptability
Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
*Executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department' s various computer software packages within established deadlines.
*Prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
*May analyze and make recommends on business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
*Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects.
*Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries.
*Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies.
*Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
*Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
*Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
*Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
*5-7 years applicable experience required.
*Experience with database technologies.
*Knowledge of the ETL process.
*Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
*Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data.
*Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, JCL)
*Strong written and oral communication skills.
*Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
*Demonstrated history of success.
*Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.