Business Systems Analyst V W2 ONLY 7186721
San Ramon, CA
W2 ONLY 11 Month Contract
* 10-15 years of experience in IT including considerable experience in Finance and Data warehousing projects.
* At least 7 years of experience in Banking Industry in Data warehousing environment
* 5 - 7 Years of Data warehousing experience and SQL is must
* Specialist in understanding of banking and trading books/GL reconciliation > 5 years of experience OR Specialist in Risk reporting projects with understanding of Credit and Market risk
* Experience in handling multiple projects, cross functional team and off shore teams.
* Experience in working with senior management in defining scope and timelines
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Experience working on gathering status reports from teams and also document Business Requirements documents.
Bank of the West is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
*Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
*Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank' s system architecture standards.
*Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
*Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
*Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
*Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
*Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
*Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
*Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank' s system architecture standards.
*May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
*May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
*Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
*Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
*Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
*Expert ability to work independently and manage one? s time.
*Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
*Expert knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
*Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
*10+ years experience required.