Business Systems Analyst III W2 ONLY 7069306
San Ramon, CA
W2 ONLY 12 Month Contract
Our client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
*Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
*Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the our client’ s system architecture standards.
*Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
*Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
*Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
*Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
*Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
*Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
*Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with our client' s system architecture standards.
*May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
*May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
*Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
*Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
*Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
*Ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
*Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
*Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
*Knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
*Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
*5-7 years experience required.
Highly interested in candidates who have Regulatory Reporting experience – CCAR, IHC etc.
- 10 years experience working with Asset Liability Management (ALM) Treasury or Corporate Finance related projects.
- At least 5 years exp in data mapping: Extensive experience in mapping “ source-to-target” requirements, at least 5 years of experience
- 7 years experience in requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation: Ability to document technical requirements through in depth analysis of the data, and work with end users on desired outcome/results
- 5 years in excellent SQL skills to query large amounts of disparate data. Ability to perform “ deep dive” analysis and identify anomalies and exceptions.
- 7 years in performing liaison role between technology and business
– Excellent communication skills to interface with various levels of management, as well as the end user, for both the technology and business project partners.
- Significant prior GL project experience is, as is an understanding of financial accounting and financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, etc.), strongly preferred.
- 5 years of prior experience working on automation of financial/management reports using a data warehouse and front-end interfaces.
- 3 years of Strong knowledge of regulatory reporting, such as CCAR, IFRS9, European Regulatory Reporting, Cash Flows, Regulatory Reporting, etc.