Business Analyst 5 W2 ONLY 7275065
San Ramon, CA
W2 ONLY 12 Month Contract
- Analyzes complex SQL queries, tune them for performance and identifies data related issues
- Performs Root Cause Analysis on data integrity issues that deviate from documented requirement specifications
- Be well-versed in Oracle database, relational data models and tools like SQL Loader, Toad etc.
- Creates High Level and Detailed specification documents utilized for data transfer across various internal applications
- Works with cross functional teams to understand requirements and perform all tasks related to Operations Analyzes and recommends business, technology and process improvement opportunities.
- Generates ad-hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries
- Ability to work with and support Senior Management and be accountable for disseminating and summarizing information into a format that can facilitate high level decision making processes
- Familiar with working on audit compliant data systems and external reporting
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst to be responsible for providing basic to moderately complex information and analysis to support overall management of a business unit/department.
Job Responsibilities: *Reviews, drafts, and outlines business requirements that impact strategic initiatives and/or business unit objectives. *Assists in the development and documentation of business requirements and/or business solutions to solve problems and issues related to business operations. *Examines various data sources and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results. *In coordination with business partners and users, assists to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation. *Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined, documented and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete. *May liaise with the business, development team and technology on certain projects. Assists in the planning and implementing of Projects and Strategic initiatives of the Business Line Unit/Operations. *May assist in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communicating and/or strategic planning activities. *Consult with corporate offices, project managers, auditors, client and sub-consultant representatives regarding future proposals. *Prepare sub-agreements and review and input sub-consultant invoices to ensure contact compliance. Skills: *Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills. *Expert ability to work independently and manage one? s time. *Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods. *Expert ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed. *Expert ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses. *Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; Enterprise Application experience a plus.
Education/Experience: *Bachelor' s degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required. *10+ years experience required.